Now we are almost ready! This week we are fixing the last few preparations and Thursday we will mark the trails!
Good news first: We get free transport from the Hella basecamp to the start including bikes! A bus will be ready at Hella, Saturday at 8:00, we’ll get the bikes and participants on, drive out to the start and we are good to go 🙂
Also we can offer to keep the bikes inside our basecamp building for the night and also valuables, so for all of you who want to come and sleep in the tent we can offer that security! The space for the bikes is limited, however, to maks 15-20 bikes.
There is, as mentioned, a cafe open at Hella from 12:00-18:00 with a french chef who makes among other things delicious cakes 🙂
At our basecamp we have 3 big grills and we’ll provide coal to light them up. Food you’ll have to bring yourself, but we have lots of fridge place where you can keep it cold during the weekend.
We will also provide coffe in the mornings 🙂
The updated schedule (check also the programme page) looks as follows:
- 10:00: Event starts, late registration possibilities, participants get their startnumbers, maps and rules and sign the disclaimer.
- Open training day. We will mark the trails Thursday already. People might be on the trails, however, so ride carefully!
- 18:00: obligatory briefing for all participants! We will inform about the stages, safety arrangements etc.
- At 8:00: a bus will come to drive all the participants to the start.
- We’ll start walking up Rundfjellet to the start of special stage one around 9:00.
- At ca. 10:30-11:00 we’ll start the race! We’ll start in 1-2 minute intervalls, which means that the later starters have to wait a bit at the start, so remember to be dressed accordingly!
- In the evening we will light up the grills at our basecamp and around 20:00 we will anounce the winners and give them their prices!
- We will wake up eventually and have breakfast 🙂
- We’ll give information about trails in the area and anybody can go biking with old and new friends! Or go fishing and relax 😉
Right now it looks that at least Friday will be sunny! We are quite excited about the weekend and looking forward to see you all!